Monday 12 September 2011



Photo not taken by me

Katie Malco, oh what a talent. I have seen this girl progress through out the years and I can truely and whole heartly say I am proud of her.

She sings with such heart and passion and each of her songs fills me the warmth of ten thousand suns. (Oh how romantic)

Katie is a talent to be heard and I had the great pleasure of doing a small but wonderful interview with her. 


1. How are you today? Any plans? Weather is pretty shitty right?


I am fine thanks! My only plans today are to pick up the keys to my new house. Pretty boring eh? I've also been writing a new song today, its about moving house. Topical.

2. So Alcopop ah? How did it make you feel when you got signed to such a wonderful label?

Yeah it was great - I have a lot of friends on that label, and always felt connected to in that sense, so it felt very natural to put out my new EP with Alcopop. Its great to be involved with them because they are really down to earth and a real fun label. I like it when stuff is fun.

3. Could you tell me your influences?

Well, they change all the time, but at the moment its David Bazan, Phosphorescent and Joanna Newsom. However, the reason I picked up a guitar was because of Hole, and I also grew up listening to Joni Mitchell and Bruce Springsteen. So I guess you could say they are more long-term, built in influences. 

4. Is there any band or singer you would love to collaborate with?

Hmmm. Yes. Sorry to repeat myself, but its got to be Bruce Springsteen. I would also like him to propose to me.

5. Where do you see yourself or hope to see yourself in 5 years time?

You'll be able to book me and my covers band for functions - weddings, funerals, bar-mitzvahs. We will mostly do the hits of fleetwood mac, but we will also be open to requests.

6. Last question, your fav quote?
"Semen is such a persistent stain." (League of Gentlemen"
If you would like to hear Katie Malco singing her sweet songs you can go to these websites or better still go see her live when ever you get a chance: 

No comments:

Post a Comment