Wednesday 21 September 2011



Photo taken by Ivory Faces Photography


One of Northampton's finest bands, My First Tooth took the time out to answer a few questions for the blog.



1. Good day! How are you? 

Currently I'm in the throes of post-tour blues.

2. A very obvious question, how did you come up with the name My First Tooth?

I wanted to have a whole range of releases titled 'My First...something' i.e. My First Demo, My First EP, My First Album, My First Greatest Hits Volume 1 etc. I later realised this was a terrible idea but we were stuck with the name by that point.

3. I have been a fan of the band since you first started as a solo, duo and now a full band. How has the journey been so far?

Mo' members, mo' problems. 
I kid. The road is long, with many a winding turn.

4. Who would you say your influences are?

Springsteen, Okkervil River, Eels, Neutral Milk Hotel, Langhorne Slim, Mineral, Why, Joanna Newsom, Arcade Fire, Liam Dullaghan, Wolf Parade, Bill Callahan.


5. What do you hope for the future?

I'm hoping those bankers get canned.

6. You are currently touring again right? What has to be your most craziest moment on tour?

Whilst headed to Southsea Fest we stopped to put more oil in the van. I dropped the oil cap into the engine then dropped in my sunglasses whilst trying to fish out the oil cap. Gareth and I considered calling the AA and then hiding, leaving Jo to talk to them as we figured they wouldn't laugh at a girl! Luckily we managed to get both the sunglasses and the oil cap out with a drumstick.

7. One last question. What is your fav quote?

'You sang that like a golden child emperor' - Paul Pilot

Please check out my article on the band on this wonderful website/blog based in Canada. I would like to thank Slow Down, Molasses Chrix for giving me the chance to write the article. Check out or you may just regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment